Monday, May 3, 2010

A message that resonates

I had the opportunity to present a poster and brief presentation on communication in multi-disciplinary research teams both at the Association of Clinical Research Professionals Global Conference in Tampa and at my local Southern Wisconsin ACRP chapter. I am passionate about communication education and count it a privilege to be able to share my knowledge with my clinical research colleagues.

The thing that is most encouraging to me is that this message of improving communication skills within the context of research teams is resonating with research professionals. The research professionals I met understand the importance of communication to effective team functioning. They have learned that communication is a skill that can be improved and it is encouraging that these professionals are seeking to improve their communication skills. I hope to continue to teach and encourage my clinical research colleagues about the importance of effective communication in the team work environment.

No comments: